So sorry I've been gone for a while! It was easy to get out of the routine of blogging after a week's vacation, so I gotta get back at it! Here's my little quick takes:
1. I won't post too much about Mother's Day since that seems to be rampant in the rest of the blogs, but I wanted to say that I wish my church had added something in the petitions along the lines of "for all women longing to be mothers". It seems like the focus is always on biological mothers, and women who want to be mothers are left in the dark. I did appreciate that when my church asked for mothers to stand up and be recognized, they said "mothers, stepmothers, grandmothers, adoptive mothers, spiritual mothers, godmothers, and mothers-to-be". I liked that it included every kind of mother you could possibly think of!
2. I got a few of the "next year will be your first REAL mother's day!" comments. It was a little hard to take, but I shrugged it off. Baby, apparently you'll be REAL next year, even though I can feel you fluttering in my womb.
3. Yesterday I had my ultrasound done by my neighbor at the local community college. DH couldn't come with me, so I brought his cousin, J. I told her that I didn't want to find out the gender until my doc appt tomorrow when DH and I could find out together. But I did get to see the baby moving and kicking and all four chambers of the heart! It was the coolest thing I've ever seen.
4. My mom bought us baby furniture as our big gift. We assembled the crib in the living room and found that we couldn't get it through the door into the baby room--it was 5/8 of an inch short. Go figure. So DH took the door off the hinges and the back off the crib, and we were able to wiggle it into the room.
5. Don't ever tell a pregnant woman that she's fat, even in a roundabout way. It's rude. Too bad I didn't have the guts to say that to the person who told me.
6. One of my IRL subfertile friends isn't returning my calls or texts. I'm trying not to take it personally because I know I couldn't handle pregnant women when I was TTC. I still miss her, though.
7. I promise I'm reading your blogs, even if I don't get a chance to comment! I love reading all your thoughts and stories. I don't know what I'd do without this community of women!